The centuries old, across culture practice of massage therapy is recognized for its benefits of promoting relaxation and enhancing overall wellness and function of the human body. Today massage therapy is becoming a widely accepted therapy in the animal world—paired with veterinary procedures for an improved response to treatment and quicker recovery; teamed with training as a pre-event and recovery resource for working and show animals; or simply given as a wellness benefit for a loyal animal companion.
The mental and physical conditions of the body are intimately connected. To neglect one is to compromise the other. Therapeutic touch strengthens the mind/body connection and promotes wellness and healing in dogs and cats in every stage of life.
Benefits of Animal Massage Include:
• Improved physical and psychological well-being
• Improved immune system function
• Alternative treatment choice for chronic conditions
• Increased emotional stability of nervous animals
• Decreased incidence of stress related injuries due to overuse
• Improved circulation, digestion and joint flexibility
• Promotes healing and recovery from surgery or injury
It should be noted that Animal Massage Therapy is a compliment to regular veterinary care. Treat Animal Wellness does not diagnose illness or injury.